Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 8200 USDT
Linux

Hi, i buy  HP 8200 USDT with i3 2120, 4GBs of RAM and i want to upgrade the CPU and RAM, i saw very low priced Xeon E3-1225 (similar to I5 2400) can i put this CPU in the USDT? I know this xeon is OFFICIALLY unsupported but i read some posts where ppl put this Xeon in this pc and everything works fine. So i have a question - anybody have this USDT and put there a Xeon? Its working?

In specs HP says that this USDT support max 8GB RAM (2x4) can i put in it 12 or 16GB RAM? Anyone tried this?

3rd question about hdd, can i buy a CD DRIVE -> HDD 2.5' adapter and can i put in it second hdd 2.5'? It will be working?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

In your PC you can mount up to 16GB of frames with the i5-2400S installed.

HP Recommended

@UP okay, thank you. But with I5 2500 or 2400 without S i can install 16GB RAM? Or can i install 12GB in 1X 4gb and 1x8gb sticks?

HP Recommended

I don't know what not, but the link on the hp website to your version of the computer is not working and this is probably the only way to find out, maybe check the advertisements of various used computer stores like yours PC.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I find strore witch your Xeon and 16GB of RAM but is other computer., please you read my pw , i not sure do can paste link here.

Maybe you look on youtube and write your CPU and PC model.

On site Intel is little information about 32Gb RAM but I don't know anything about it, so be careful

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/pl/pl/ark/products/52270/intel-xeon-processor-e3-1225-6m-cache-3-1...

I do not know such things well enough to help you more, write to hp somewhere because they removed information about this computer, but if it does not officially support Xeon, you will not find information about it there

HP Recommended

Your pc probably no supporting nothing of  Xeon`s, you can damage your PC or working badly, you can overlocked maybe your i5

here is on similar pc to your

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02781693

Sorry but on private massages is stupid limit and no can send reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.