Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear community,

i have a problem in using 32gb crucial ram on a HP 8300 sff, i bought the ram after using the tool on the crucial's site to verify the compatibility, the windows licence is windows 7 pro and from the specs of the HP 8300 it should support up to 4x8 gb of ram; after booting without no beep error from motherboard the pc go in BSOD with error of memory handling, i have no error if i use only 3/4 slot with 3/4 modules, not depending on slot or on modules i tried a lot of combination

I tried all the following

- upgrading bios to latest version

- test every single module with pccheck (utility that boot direct from cd with no OS started), in different slots without errors

- test summary 24gb of ram 3/4 modules on 3/4 slot with pccheck, in different combination  with no errors i did 8 or 9 times changing the free slot and the 3 modules used;

- test summary 32gb of ram with pccheck all the modules in all the slot with different order, i have errors on all the modules from the test

so with 24gb of ram the pc work fine independently from witch modules i use or witch slot i use:  so that it seems not to be a slot problem or a module problem

does anybody has a suggestion? 

thanks in advance for help

Michele from Italy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.