Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 20-c434
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to look around at options for upgrading my All In One. I upgraded the RAM to 8gb and it still runs like a 90-year old grandpa. Does anyone know if the processor can be upgraded? Tried looking around to see if a cpu upgrade was an option and apparently the internet knows very little about this desktop. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have a HP notebook (255 G7) with the same processor, 8 GB of memory and a 256 GB SATA Solid State Drive (SSD).

It is barely acceptable even with the SSD.

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

Your only option would be to replace the 3.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD.

This model would provide the best performance for the price...this is the 500 GB model.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 500GB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5 Inch /7 mm, Up to 560 MB...

You would need some kind of 3.5" to 2.5" drive caddy to mount the SSD.

That will bring the PC to a usable state.

However, do not expect miracles.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.