Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-e030na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

I have a HP AIO 24-E030NA (Product No. 1QZ84EA) and the internal fan is always running from startup to shutdown. It increases up and down in speed as the CPU is being stressed but always remains on at low speed. CPU/GPU Temperatures are fine, idling around 30C (fan idling at apporx 1900rpm) and peaking around 82C (fan on max speed) on a Intel CPU Stress Test. Fan is clear of dust/debris, as are the internals of the PC. The fan ramps up and down in speed depending on CPU loading, but is typically on a low rpm setting. BIOS is updated (F71) as are CPU and GPU drivers.

All appears to be working fine with he AIO, except for the fact that the fan is always on. I can't turn it off in the BIOS settings, nor amend any parameters to turn the fan off.

Grateful for any advice on whether this is normal for this model. Hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice and guidance.

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

most PCs do that, run CPU fan at many speeds,

the HEat sink for the CPU can not work with no air flow, just like your cars coolant radiator for the same thermal reasons.

it changes based on CPU temps, that BIOS monitors  full time and to protect CHIPs from everheat damage in fact the #1 cause of damage.

if you do not like fans consider buying a fanless PC, they even make water cooled fanless PCs, or with a huge cooling tower with huge slow turning near silent fan.

never seen any PC fan turn off at CPU, ever. (tiny slow and weak tablets and fanless expensive PC's sure)

I guess you need to post , is there a fanless PC? IDK, but seems so....

the CPU must expel the heat, per intels datasheet and their rules, not HP.

HP job is to capture that heat and expel that heat out of the PC. or it will overheat fast..

the CPU does shut down too hot but we try hard to avoid that (fail safe mode)

The CPU also self throttles itself near 80c, (varies by CPU P/n SKU)

The CPU can be looked up to see its wattage wasted, at all clock rates, from idle on up, this is no secret at all. intels.

just like car, the faster you go and for sure hills the more heat the engine wastes , 80% lost there.

CPU do to just on  a smaller scale and is a form of ENTROPY ."physics"

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

when in BIOS the fan runs. so there is no windows drivers in BIOS.

just BIOS firmware then.  see it does spin in BIOS , and if PC is turned on too hot it then runs super fast.

so is not windows deal nor drivers same.

That is BIOS job to save the PC from damage from errant users, or in most cases huge lint packup inside all PCs.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.