Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 22df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the hardware? I have a PNY 1tb SSD or a Seagate Expansion HHD 8tb. Would either one be compatible?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@pjosh9947 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

9EE21AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @pjosh9947!

The first thing that I would recommend is adding a M.2, SSD, boot drive.  There is (1) M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD.  Here is an example of a M.2 on Crucial Memory's website that should work.  Here is a HP Knowledge Base article to explain how to transition from a HDD to a M.2, SSD.  You will need a USB to SATA adapter to connect the M.2 to the computer.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page.  If you look at the sections titled "Processor update information and Memory upgrade information" you will find all of the information on compatible processor and memory upgrades.  The processor that came with the computer is the fastest that is compatible.  You can upgrade the memory from 8 GB to 16 GB.  The memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory is listed in the link that I provided earlier in this post.  I recommend that you use CPU-Z to find the timings and manfacturer of the current memory.  This can be found in the Tab titled "SPD".  You can contact Crucial's Tech Support to make certain that their memory is compatible with the current memory.  If not, you will have to replace the current 8 GB.  It is best to install matched pairs because the motherboard has Dual channel memory architecture.  This will give you the best memory performance.

There is no PCI Express x16 slot on the motherboard for a video card.  So, this is not an option.

This is about all you can do to increase system performance.  Now, you have to determine if the extra performance is worth the cost.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

IMG_20210729_003139.jpg

IMG_20210729_003206.jpg

  

IMG_20210729_003221.jpg

IMG_20210729_003238.jpg

IMG_20210729_003255.jpg

IMG_20210729_003309.jpg

Ok. I really appreciate the time you took to help me out. Thank you. I currently have some SSD on hand and a HHD as well. Could you please take the time to let me know if any of them will work or if a combination of them will. Thanks again, you've been a huge help

HP Recommended

Ok. I really appreciate the time you took to help me out. Thank you. I currently have some SSD on hand and a HHD as well. Could you please take the time to let me know if any of them will work or if a combination of them will. Thanks again, you've been a huge help

IMG_20210729_003255.jpg

IMG_20210729_003221.jpg

IMG_20210729_003139.jpg

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @pjosh9947!

Here's the thing, the PNY SSD should definitely work and it comes with the USB 3.0 to SATA adapter which is perfect.  You can easily use it for backup.  However, you will have to replace the HDD to use a standard SSD.  If you add a M.2 you can leave the HDD installed and use it for storage or a boot drive in an emergency situation.  The other components should work, also.

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.