Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion model 23-q012a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have added a Samsung 840 pro SSD to my All-in-one but the BIOS will not recognise the SSD at all.

The SSD does not appear to be faulty as it used to boot in another PC and it is usable on the All-in-one a when I connect using a USB/SATA adaptor. 

I have gone through the BIOS to check for any settings but cant find anything that overcomes the problem. I also tried turning off SATA power management but it made no difference.

HP support says the BIOS version is the latest available. 

The OS clone s/w I used does not seem to be the problem as I have tried 2 different products without success - and the SSD is not recognised at all, so it's not even getting to the bootstrap on the disk.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LukeDude 

You have to use SATA port (if available). Using USB-SATA machine would only see Samsung drive as an external dive, not a boot drive.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, yes I am using the SSD on the SATA interface. 

I only connected via the USB/SATA adaptor to clone the drive.  

HP Recommended

@LukeDude 

You say adding, now please remove existing drive and install SSD to that slot to see machine can boot from that slot or not. If yes, you can reformat old HDD and keep it as a secondary .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.