Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

"Reinstall the original touchscreen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touchscreen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device and select Uninstall.
Confirm the uninstallation.
Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver."

Ok so I am trying to do so but the DRIVER no longer exists. Why would it delete itself?

What do I do, since I am unable to find the driver online to redownload it to my All in One Touchscreen....

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@Kiwi1992

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that the touchscreen is not longer working and the touchscreen drivers are absent in your HP all in one PC. Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular analysis of the issue by you. Kudos to you for that.You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

I request you to let me know the exact model number of your PC. 

Also, mention the exact version of the Windows operating system you're using.

Did any software changes or updates happen prior to this issue?

During my research, I came across this HP document that helps in resolving touchscreen related issues: https://hp.care/2l6YMnO

Also please download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will install the required drivers and updates for your HP computer.:

• Click here to download and install the HP Support Assistant. 
  • Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

Figure : Updates in the My PC box

The Updates window opens.

• If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates window

Updates window
  • To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates

• Gathers configuration information

• Analyzes your computer system

• Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates available window

Updates available window
    • To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

1. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

2. Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.

• To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.

• To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

You may restart the computer after the HP support assistant finishes installing the required drivers.

Hope this information helps.Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have already taken those steps numerous times. It is the Same one mentioned in this thread a few times. All information needed in the images Im attaching.

Capture12.PNGCapture123i.PNGCapture123o.PNGCapture123p.PNG

HP Recommended

@Kiwi1992

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

Follow this link https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-24-g000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/11059040/model/11... which will lead you to a guided troubleshooter for touchscreen issues, which has step by step instructions for the same. By the end of it, I'm sure the issue would get resolved. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"In Windows, search for and open 'View pen and touch info'. If the Pen and touch section reads No pen or touch input is available for this display, the computer does not have a touchscreen."

Yet! Mine says that, AND it is a Model that has touchscreen... as I have used it on many occasions to edit images.

Capture12.PNG

HP Recommended

So I went to the next step just in case it could help resolve it, and no. THE DRIVER DOESNT EXIST... ughhhhhh How did it delete itself like I asked before? I am not new to computers..not at all.. So I know what to look for. Except it has become IMPOSSIBLE to find the driver I need online. I mean did you even look at all the images I sent before? I know you are here to help but I am honestly feeling a complete run-around. And that is not how this should go what so ever....

So I clicked next stepCapturet.PNG

The opened mine again so yall can see

Capturett.PNG

See? the Driver does not exist. When just last week I was using a touch screen pen to edit an image for work.

Alright. So My PC caught on the Touchscreen needs an update. Right?
Capture123o.PNG

Except .... no it does this and since the box is so small I copied and pasted the error message into NoteBook.

Capture123i.PNG

Capture123p.PNG

HP Recommended

@Kiwi1992

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts.

First, Let's re-start the computer, keep tapping F10, and check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS, If it isn't, then it's a hardware failure.

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is absurd..... I simply need to redownload the driver to my PC and you directed me somewhere WHERE I HAVE TO PAY TO CALL TO ASK FOR THE DRIVER....

Serial number:  [edit] Product number: V8P00AA  Yes out of Warranty. YES IT IS A TOUCH SCREEN PC THAT UP ONE DAY DECIDED TO NOT HAVE THE DRIVER ANY LONGER.

I want my touch screen function back, please give me the download for the driver. I have more than sufficiently proven that this is a touch screen PC and the Driver is no longer there.   So Link me to the driver download please!!!!

HP Recommended

@Kiwi1992

Thanks for your reply. This is MKazi at your service.

Please download and install the firmware update for the touchscreen. I found the firmware update listed on the HP website specifically for your HP All-in-One - 24-g020 touchscreen PC: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79280.exe

You may restart the PC after the firmware is successfully installed. 

In case the touchscreen still does not work then please perform the steps mentioned in "Screen does not respond to touch, or responds intermittently" from this HP document: https://support.hp.com/my-en/product/hp-22-1100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/7161747/document/c03488...

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

"【Upgrading】Search touch device...

This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only. We identified your
touch panel IC is not ILITEK. Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program.
This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only.
Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program."

That is the message it gave me to that Firmware update.

I need the DRIVER all together for my computer. It updated audio restarted one day and NOW NO TOUCH SCREEN. The DRIVER does NOT exist. Please SEND the DRIVER download for MY PC

READ the previous POSTS please....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.