Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@Kiwi1992

Did you try to check if the touchscreen drivers exist in the recovery partition and if they can be installed from there?

This HP document will provide steps to reinstall the original drivers that came with the computer by using the HP recovery manager:  HP PCs - Software recovery options

Hope this helps. Good luck!

HP Recommended

That has not worked. I even factory reset my computer. It is literally acting like I NEVER HAD TOUCH SCREEN

My Model number is 24-g020

Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]

NOT ONE DRIVER in those steps looks to cover TOUCH SCREEN...

I am going to ASK AGAIN please for the love of god, send me the driver for touch screen for this model so I can finish my work. I got this computer for marketing to design and now that function is gone.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You have even guided me to the firmware list, which one of those covers the touchscreen portion?! It is all gibberish to me. I am not paying for a Driver I had to begin with, only bought this PC for and now ITS NO LONGER THERE..... I dont move this PC. I only use it edit images and facebook....so whatever update you ro Windows pushed I assume screwed my PC up.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME THE EXACT INFORMATION FOR THE TOUCH SCREEN DRIVER!

HP Recommended

@Kiwi1992

Usually, there are no separate drivers for the touchscreen as the drivers are inbuilt. Mostly, it is the firmware update that is available for the touchscreen.

Upon checking I could only find the ILITEK Touchscreen Firmware and no other firmware update. 

I have sent you a private message suggesting the next course of action. 

Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

Everything KiWi describes, fits my situation to the "T."  Same model, same issue; the touch screen has disapeared from the device manager.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

was there a solution ever found? I have the same issue

HP Recommended

Did you ever get this resolved with a real solution?  I have tried all suggestions as well, did a full reset of PC and still not working

HP Recommended

I've had same issue for well over a year now.  I actually have TWO identical computers next to each other (27-a010).  Both used to work, now neither do.  I have a hard time believing it's a hardware issue.  When I try to download firmware, I also get message saying I don't have Ilitek touchscreen so can't do it.  I also don't see anything about touchscreen in Bios when i hit F10 on bootup.  

I'm guessing some HP pushed BIOS update caused this?

did anyone ever try to revert back to an old version of the BIOS? 

I noticed that HP has several previous versions of BIOS (going back to early 2017..... I think these issues started in late 2017?)

I'm tempted to try and download and install one of these older versions.... but I'm not sure if it might cause bigger problems than my touchscreen not working.   Does anyone know if safe to try reverting to an old BIOS version?  Or has anyone tried this?

HP Recommended

Let's put it this way: I was impacted by the issue with lower memory slot failure in Apple PowerBook G4 back in 2006/2007.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071002185306/http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303173

Issue ocurred exactly 3 months past warranty expiry date - and on two separate machines, that I purchased 6 months one after another.

So, if both OS and BIOS do not see/register the hardware, then this hardware stopped working. As simple as that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.