Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I might be barking the wrong tree but is this not a sign that touchscreen (as in, touchscreen itself only) has simply died and is no longer recognised by OS?

If that happens regularly on devices that are just out of warranty, then it's a shame...

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@krzemien

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

I have sent you a private message, for the further course of action that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

thank you for reply how do i find private message

HP Recommended

Well, you won't as bot have sent it to me...! Talk about human touch...

I have forwarded it to you now via PM.

HP Recommended

You have to enable and disable your touchscreen. Type device manager in search box and select them, now select the arrow next to Human Interface Devices and select HID-compliant touch screen.
After that select the Action tab at the top of the window.

Select disable or enable.

Hope you will understand to do.

HP Recommended

Can you please PM me as well. I am in the exact some boat. Pls and thank you.

HP Recommended

Sent / forwarded via PM.

To be clear: I do not have that problem myself, I merely contributed with my two-pence to this thread...

HP Recommended

Our touch screen has gone gray stiped but works, printer all new just had it for a month. Happened from one day to another nothing special took place just turn off and on.

HP Recommended

Can you forward the same message regarding touchscreen to me? Same issue here. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Still no help from anyone and no answers to my pm box.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.