Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Presario SG3730IL
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I would like to know how can i upgrade the current motherboard and processor for Windows 10 64 bit installation in  my HP Compaq Presario SG3730IL Desktop PC. 

Please specify the motherboard make / model numbers compatible with HP Compaq Presario SG3730IL Desktop PC to upgrade the current motherboard (The MS-7525 (Boston), processor (Intel Core 2 Duo E2220) to at least i3 processor and increase the hard disk (320 GB) size to 500 GB & above for Windows 10 64 bit installation on my desktop.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Anubhav013,

The purchase of individual components (motherboard, RAM. CPU chip, Heatsink & Cooler fans, WINDOWS 10 Pro OS, new hard drive, and extras exceed the cost of a new machine. Then there is the problem of re-wiring the power switch leads (8-10 wires) to conform to a non-HP motherboard.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Please suggest incase I upgrade the processor in my current motherboard would I be able to install Windows 10 in my desktop.

HP Recommended

My current problem is I'm unable to upgrade the Bitdefender total security software and install Apple iTunes for ipad backup  on 32 Bit machine due to incompatible hardware system requirements specified by Bitdefender and Apple on Windows 7 OS. Please suggest how can I install Windows 10 64 bit OS on my current hardware to address the current problem faced by me right now.

HP Recommended

@Anubhav013,

Lets discuss why this is not a good idea.

chipset is the Intel G31

1) Supports PCIEx16 1.1, and might be compliant with GPU card PCIEx16 2.0 but not 3.0

2) Supports SATA 300Gb/s. Adding a faster hard drive or SSD would not benefit the unit.

3) Only allows two 2GB RAM (memory modules) to be installed.  That means only 4GB of RAM. As the system was designed for a 32 bit OS.

CPU upgrade to the E7600 is possible and supports 64 bit OS. It is a used item.

WINDOWS 10 Pro OS 64 bit would install, but is hampered by the 4 GB MAX memory allowed.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.