Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp compaq pro 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Sorry for my english.

There is a problem with 4 mainboards 6300/8300. It was memory DDR3 1066 1,5v, but I changed it to DDR3 1600 1,5 (on the internet there is a info that this model accepts 1600.) Now these mainbords don't work at all even with old memories - 1066. They start, but there is nothing on the dislay and keyboard doesn't work. And after a moment coolers are on the hiest level.

I tried to press powerbutton-winkey-b, tied to clear cmos. Everything fails.

It was one time that one mainboard started to work after 2 days and stop to work after changing memory to 1600.

It was problem with another HP Compaq Pro 6000. It didn't start for a long time with the same symptoms, but after few days problem diapears automaticly.

Any idea how to fix these mainboards?

Regards

Andrzej

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Andrzej,

Try pulling out the RAM and wipe the contacts with a clean rag with isopropyl alcohol, clean the contacts  of RAM.

If it doesn't help, try to clean dimm slot with compressed air.

If still not working try reseat your CPU.

Regards (pozdrawiam),

xBsh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.