cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
11 6 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Desktop BIOS Update Installation Failing

HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-e027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

Microprocessor: AMD A9-9400 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G   (2.4GHZ)

System Memory: 8GB

Memory Slot 1: 8GB  Samsung 2400MHz

System Board: 8381 1000

System BIOS: F.20

I've been having some trouble with a BIOS Update since I got this computer (02/03/18). 

I've attemped to Install this update 10 times, but I couldn't. (As you can see in the picture below.)

I've tried disabling my anti-virus, going on the HP BIOS Recovery Page (It wouldn't load up), and looking online for some answers to this problem. 

I've read online that this is an important update, so I'm wanting to install it.

I'm not sure what to do, so I'm hoping I can get some answers on here. Thanks for reading.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 521
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Try this way...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8381)

F.24 Rev.A8.0 MBApr 8, 2018Download

and follow the on screen instructions.

Description:

This package provides an update to the HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family 8381) for supported models running a supported operating system

Fix and enhancements:

Provides improved security
HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.
NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled

1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.

Prerequisites:
You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.
- You must have a Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 6 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried installing that update, but it says this. Should I continute?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation