Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 23-c030
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Hello!!!  I'd like to ask if anybody know the specifications of memory ram in my comp. HP ENVY 23-c030   All in one.  Does it

come with 1 stick of memory (Ram) 8 or 2 of 4?  I want to add more memory as it comes with 8 Gigs, but I don't know

wheather to buy 0ne stick of 8 or 2. Please help me out.

Lucasv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LucasV26

Your machine has Intel Core i3-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core processor. It supports 16GB (8GB x 2) or RAM (oe memory):

Memory upgrade information
  • Dual channel memory architecture

• Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

• PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)

• Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

• Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB (8 GB only available on systems using Ivy Bridge processors) DDR3 SO-DIMMs

• Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs (16 GB only available on systems using Ivy Bridge processors)

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs

*32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Source: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03546638

Updated: Currently it has 6GB (4GB + 2GB) you can thow 2GB out and replace with a stick of 8GB to give a total of 12GB.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LucasV26

Your machine has Intel Core i3-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core processor. It supports 16GB (8GB x 2) or RAM (oe memory):

Memory upgrade information
  • Dual channel memory architecture

• Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

• PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)

• Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

• Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB (8 GB only available on systems using Ivy Bridge processors) DDR3 SO-DIMMs

• Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs (16 GB only available on systems using Ivy Bridge processors)

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs

*32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Source: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03546638

Updated: Currently it has 6GB (4GB + 2GB) you can thow 2GB out and replace with a stick of 8GB to give a total of 12GB.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your info.  I always though it came with 8.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.