Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27s 27-inch Display

I recently recieved this monitor as a present from my grandfather before his unfortunate passing last week. With his passing, I have no access to a receipt from wherever he bought the monitor otherwise I would happily bring up this issue with the shop he got the monitor. Unfortunately this is not the case so i have decided to come to the HP forums in search of help.

My HP monitor does not turn on at all and seems completely unresponsive to anything I do. I've tried everything I could think of including using a different power socket and even switching out the power lead with one i used for an old monitor.

The broken monitor is a major inconvenience to me at this time!

I do have the serial number of the product but don't think i should publicly post it.

Can anyone help me?

thanks for reading and have a blessed day,

Ben.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ben999999999,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP Monitor. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

I was deeply saddened by the news of your grandfather's passing. You have my prayerful and sincere sympathy on your loss.

In this scenario, this looks like a possible hardware failure with the monitor.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ben999999999,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP Monitor. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

I was deeply saddened by the news of your grandfather's passing. You have my prayerful and sincere sympathy on your loss.

In this scenario, this looks like a possible hardware failure with the monitor.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.