Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27 27-inch Display
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I got this monitor with my 15" MacBook Pro in 2017. From time to time it'd give me a fit where it wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. For the past 6-12 months it has consistently given me trouble, I plug it in (with the provided cable) and it'll start to charge and stop, start and stop, start and stop. Over and over again. Then eventually it'll 'catch' and the display will refresh on my laptop and the monitor will come to life and then it charges my laptop and everything is fine. I deal with this about every morning. 

Today it seems as though it is finally dead. I am able to use the monitor via HDMI but that's not why I bought this monitor, I bought it so that I could charge and display via one single cable. There seem to be other cases on the internet of the same issue. My USBC port is totally dead. The monitor recognizes that it's 'connected' but nothing happens on the computer end. I've tried other devices vai USBC and they are not recognized either. I also tried a different USBC cable to no avail. 

I've factory reset my monitor as well. I'm currently using HDMI but the colors seem to be a little to rich and it simply is not as crisp. Is there any resolve? Or am I just out of luck? I understand that it is out of warranty but this seems to be a defect. 

The monitor has never fallen or been bumped, it's only ever stayed on my desk since I bought it. Please advise, thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @thebillhenry

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps but this looks like a hardware issue. Please Contact HP in your region regarding the service options. 

Have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As in call phone support? 

HP Recommended

@thebillhenry

That's right as this looks like a hardware issue. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.