Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 34-B070NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys can somebody please help !! I have a hp envy 34-b070na all in one computer and I am wanting to get the maximum out of it in the way of on board upgrades. I have upgraded the ram to 32gb and that shows up and works great but I am also trying to put a Seagate barracuda 2.5" 5tb hard drive which I can get to fit in the carrier no problem BUT it shows up in computer management and shows offline and will not initialise what is the problem ? I have updated the bios and storage intel chip to the latest one and it still doesn't work and it also brings up to go through the diagnostics press f2 on start up and then when I check the drive it quickly checks in and shows up as not available whether I do a quick check or intensive. many thanks in advance Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@UKDJS , welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you want to use the 5 TB drive for storage.  If so, you can convert it from MBR to GPT.  You have UEFI in your motherboard.  Here is a guide that will help you do the conversion.

Let me know if it works for you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi unfortunately none of what you have advised will work, would you be so kind as to further assist me by email at all as you sound like your knowledge is much much more greater than mine many thanks mike 

HP Recommended

@UKDJS 

I am sorry that none of my suggestions worked for you!

I suggest that you contact the drives manufacturer's Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to get your drive to work.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.