Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I recently bought a new Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS100T3XHC W/ Heatsink, but I can't find any support to install it, I hope someone here can help me with that. 

I've found some videos of similar computers on YouTube where it says that removing some screws from the base it can be done. But I am not sure if:

1.- The software is installed in the 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State or in the 1 TB Sata HD

2.- If the WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS100T3XHC W/ Heatsink is compatible with the motherboard on this computer.

3.- If I can access to the module by just removing the base.

I'd appreciate your help

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @rswmercu82!

Q:  1.- The software is installed in the 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State or in the 1 TB Sata HD

A:  If you are talking about the cloning software provided by WD, it will have to be installed on your current 256 GB M.2.  Therefore, you should probably buy a USB PCI Express M.2 enclosure.  The one in my link is a bit expensive, but it will give you an idea of what you need.  I did a chat with StarTech's Tech Support to assure that their product would work.  They assured me that it is exactly what you need.  This is the best way to clone your boot M.2 to the new M.2, SSD.  Once the drive has been cloned to the new drive, you can shut down the computer and install the new drive.  You can install the current M.2 in the enclosure and use it for storage once the computer boots from the new drive.

Q:  2.- If the WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS100T3XHC W/ Heatsink is compatible with the motherboard on this computer.

A:  As far as I can tell it should be compatible.  Here is the Motherboard Specifications for the computer.  If you look at the diagram of the board it shows where the M.2 socket is located.

Q:  3.- If I can access to the module by just removing the base.

A:  I believe this is way to do it.  HP doesn't provide any instructions for this procedure.  Most likely because they consider it not to be an owner upgrade.  You may find a video online that will help you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@rswmercu82 , welcome to the forum.

There is a letter/s at the end of the model of your computer, such as, cn, a, nl, etc.  I need this letter/s to review the specifications.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

thanks for your help, the model is:

Z5L85AA

HP Recommended

Hello, 

thanks for your help, the model is:

Z5L85AA#ABACaptura de Pantalla 2019-12-02 a la(s) 15.44.53.png

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @rswmercu82!

Q:  1.- The software is installed in the 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State or in the 1 TB Sata HD

A:  If you are talking about the cloning software provided by WD, it will have to be installed on your current 256 GB M.2.  Therefore, you should probably buy a USB PCI Express M.2 enclosure.  The one in my link is a bit expensive, but it will give you an idea of what you need.  I did a chat with StarTech's Tech Support to assure that their product would work.  They assured me that it is exactly what you need.  This is the best way to clone your boot M.2 to the new M.2, SSD.  Once the drive has been cloned to the new drive, you can shut down the computer and install the new drive.  You can install the current M.2 in the enclosure and use it for storage once the computer boots from the new drive.

Q:  2.- If the WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS100T3XHC W/ Heatsink is compatible with the motherboard on this computer.

A:  As far as I can tell it should be compatible.  Here is the Motherboard Specifications for the computer.  If you look at the diagram of the board it shows where the M.2 socket is located.

Q:  3.- If I can access to the module by just removing the base.

A:  I believe this is way to do it.  HP doesn't provide any instructions for this procedure.  Most likely because they consider it not to be an owner upgrade.  You may find a video online that will help you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it very much.

I will proceed as you described in your very clear and helpful description and let you know hot it worked when I'm finished.

Have a Great day!!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @rswmercu82!  I am always glad to help.

I would appreciate hearing how it all works out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.