Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-2000i (1K4E9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey there, I just bought the computer listed in the subject line and the link I am taken to for user manuals doesn't have the information I am looking for. Namely:

- what the max specs for Memory and hard drives? How much RAM? How many hard drives? What model numbers for RAM and drives are compatible?

- how do I install/secure a second hard drive in the cabinet? I took a quick look inside and it didn't look like other computers I had in terms of how to secure a drive. And I'd like explicit instructions so as not to mess things up.

- Am I right to assume that there is no onboard speaker? Most of our desktops have at least something to listen thru without headphones or speakers attached.

Here's the service site I was directed to that does not seem to have any of the info I'm looking for: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-desktop-pc-te01-2000i/2100367765/model/2100405523/manua...

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pipsqueakanim,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

According to HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Stark | HP® Customer Support, your Stark (SSID: 8860) HP p/n: M16092-601 motherboard has the following max CPU & RAM specs:

NonSequitur777_0-1653859947329.png

Installing a secondary drive: please see this user step by step how-to video: HP Desktop TP01 1050 Upgrade Add Secondary Hard Drive - YouTube.  To the best of my knowledge, this desktop model mirrors yours.

To install a solid state drive (SSD) rather than an HDD:

At timestamp 05:10 look at the holes on the bottom of the silver cage. Three of those holes are spaced perfectly for a 2.5 in drive. You can put a regular 3.5 on the top and mount a 2.5 on opposite side. If you want to do this though, you won't be able to use the optical drive, and you need to mount the 2.5 in drive first since you need to screw the holes from the top of the cage. If you want to continue to use the optical drive then there is another option. At timestamp 04:34 there is a large open space between the power supply and the front of the case. If you remove the front panel as shown in the video, there are holes in the case that will allow you to mount a 3.5 or 2.5 drive behind the front of the case.

Not sure about an onboard speaker.  In my anecdotal experience, most desktops come equipped with a (tiny) speaker -but who knows.  Like you, it was challenging to find product specs for this desktop.

Anyway, go to "Device Manager" and see what shows up under "Sound, video and game controllers":

NonSequitur777_1-1653860800383.png
If it shows "Intel Display Audio", you should have an onboard speaker.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@pipsqueakanim 

Those are all PDF files (manuals, guides, notes ...)  you can get for your machine. What more information you are looking for ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Kinda listed it in the original email but my immediate questions are where/how do I install additional hard drives? Every other computer I've purchased has provided detailed instructions on types of drives and literally how to install and secure the drives. All I see here is literally a generic diagram indicating where the existing drive is located. I'm honestly not even sure if you can add a second drive.

In terms of memory, what type of memory is used? how many slots? what's the max amount i could put in?

And again, is there a speaker somewhere I'm not seeing/hearing?

thanks!!

HP Recommended

@pipsqueakanim,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

According to HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Stark | HP® Customer Support, your Stark (SSID: 8860) HP p/n: M16092-601 motherboard has the following max CPU & RAM specs:

NonSequitur777_0-1653859947329.png

Installing a secondary drive: please see this user step by step how-to video: HP Desktop TP01 1050 Upgrade Add Secondary Hard Drive - YouTube.  To the best of my knowledge, this desktop model mirrors yours.

To install a solid state drive (SSD) rather than an HDD:

At timestamp 05:10 look at the holes on the bottom of the silver cage. Three of those holes are spaced perfectly for a 2.5 in drive. You can put a regular 3.5 on the top and mount a 2.5 on opposite side. If you want to do this though, you won't be able to use the optical drive, and you need to mount the 2.5 in drive first since you need to screw the holes from the top of the cage. If you want to continue to use the optical drive then there is another option. At timestamp 04:34 there is a large open space between the power supply and the front of the case. If you remove the front panel as shown in the video, there are holes in the case that will allow you to mount a 3.5 or 2.5 drive behind the front of the case.

Not sure about an onboard speaker.  In my anecdotal experience, most desktops come equipped with a (tiny) speaker -but who knows.  Like you, it was challenging to find product specs for this desktop.

Anyway, go to "Device Manager" and see what shows up under "Sound, video and game controllers":

NonSequitur777_1-1653860800383.png
If it shows "Intel Display Audio", you should have an onboard speaker.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@pipsqueakanim,

Just a verification step to confirm my previous response:

Please type "System Information" in your Windows search bar, left-click on the System Information App, and relay what it says (number) to the right of "Baseboard Product".

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

looks like i don't have an onboard speaker so i'll have to check out that video in a bit. my machine doesn't have any built in DVD/CD like the video but the inside looks similar I think. Will check it out. Thanks. And I'm glad I'm not being crazy not being able to find this info! Looks like 32GB (which is what comes w/ the machine) is as high as I can go which is good to know!

pipsqueakanim_0-1653862701838.png

HP Recommended

@pipsqueakanim,

Glad to be able to shed some light in the twilight, so to speak!

Please consider to indicate my response below as an "Accepted Solution".

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.