Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 810-130qe CTO Desktop PC

The fan is turning on all the time and it is the fan connected to the liquid cooling system. I am thinking the system needs replaced. The system still works fine but I installed a monitor and the CPU is always 66 to 69 idle and heats up when playing Minecraft. mid 70's and then fan sounds like a jet taking off. Ideas where to get a replacement or how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are tutorials on YouTube that explain and show how it is done. 

You will need a good quality thermal interface material, an appropriate cleaner to remove the old Thermal pad, and patience. 

Do not scratch the processor or the processor fact processor contact area!

Arctic Silver has been producing TIM for, Computer Enthusiasts for over 20 years.
I have been using their Ceramique2 for as long as they have been making it. ArctiCleaner makes cleaning off the remnants of the thermal pad simple..

https://www.arcticsilver.com/#

There are tutorials at Arctic Silver for AMD and Intel platforms.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Providing the OS would help.

I just checked and see that the latest OS supported version would be Windows 8.

It may be time to have the thermal interface material changed and verify that the dust inside has been removed.

The fan is controlled by a ▲T algorithm in the BIOS firmware.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It is actually Windows 10. 

How do you change the  thermal interface material?

HP Recommended

You take off the waterblock on cpu, clean of dried thermal paste, apply new and mount waterblock back on. Should help some. While the system is open it probably wouldn't hurt to blow the dust out using either a compressor or canned air.

HP Recommended

There are tutorials on YouTube that explain and show how it is done. 

You will need a good quality thermal interface material, an appropriate cleaner to remove the old Thermal pad, and patience. 

Do not scratch the processor or the processor fact processor contact area!

Arctic Silver has been producing TIM for, Computer Enthusiasts for over 20 years.
I have been using their Ceramique2 for as long as they have been making it. ArctiCleaner makes cleaning off the remnants of the thermal pad simple..

https://www.arcticsilver.com/#

There are tutorials at Arctic Silver for AMD and Intel platforms.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.