Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-211na - Additional SSD

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-211na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello all,

As per the subject, I want to add another SSD to a HP ENVY PC for faster video editing for a friend.

There is already a 256GB SSD and a 3TB HDD in the case.

Is there a spare physical mounting slot, power connection and SATA port inside the case to add a third disk? I don't have physical access to the PC to check myself.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Welcome to HP Forums @corkboy,

Thanks for the post. 

I see you are looking to add an SSD on your computer. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

The casing in the computer will have space to install additional HDD. However, SSD size would be smaller and you will require a mount to install the SSD on the 3.5inch bay. 

Additional power connector to support any additional HDD should be available. Click here for the parts supported on your computer. 

Based on the specification for your computer, there are 4 SATA slots on the computer to connect HDDs and optical drives.

Please refer to this article for the procedure to replace the HDD. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

corkboy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I shall order an SSD and the mount as you suggest, and will do the install when I visit my friend. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation