Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY x360 with a broken left hinge. I have had my laptop for LESS than 2 years, and the broken hinge has progressively gotten worse with pieces of the hardware breaking off and I am also now unable to close my laptop at all. 

At first I thought it was something I may have done, as my previous HP laptop had also broken from the left hinge (however I was still able to use it for 6 years through multiple repairs, but it was also only a fraction of the price of an HP ENVY x360). However, my sister bought her HP ENVY x360 on the exact same as I did. Her left hinge began to loosen a week after mine did. She keeps her HP ENVY x360 on her desk at all times. 

With both our left hinges breaking, and my previous HP laptop left hinge breaking, I'm beginning to think it's a manufacturing issue. I have no idea what I should do to fix it, where I can take it, and I am beyond upset if I have to pay a tremendous amount (which I could use for a cheaper laptop that'll last me longer) to fix this issue, when this laptop itself already cost more than $1200. 

As a university student working minimum wage, I cannot afford to pay high amounts to fix this laptop. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do or where I can take it? I'm at a total loss. 

P.s. I'd like to get my laptop fixed before the beginning of September as I need it to take notes in class and do my assignments. Much appreciation for anyone that can help! Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello there,

This would appear to be a common problem with the laptop. Many others have stated they have had the same issue. 

I'd recommend you to please contact HP about this issue, or find a service center near you to fix your laptop. (Call them first!)

Or, you could order a replacement hinge and install it yourself. Please take note if you do this, if you have a warranty on this laptop, this will likely void it. You are also taking a risk with repairing your laptop. 

If you decide to, please research for information on your laptop.

Hope this helps you.

- VentureDev

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.