Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I reached out to the support community about a year ago, for a broken hinge on the left side of my HP Envy x360. An HP escalation executive reached out to me, and we were able to resolve my issue free of cost once I had sent in pictures of my laptop. I would like to point out, that the laptop was less than 1.5 years old at the time, I had not done anything to it, and my previous 2-3 HP laptops also had broken left hinges. In my previous post, I also mentioned how my sister bought an HP Envy x360, two weeks after I bought mine. Similarly, two weeks after my laptop screen came apart, hers started breaking apart too. Now this was shocking as she keeps her laptop on her desk all day, and doesn't even take it to school as I do mine daily.

The fact that her laptop started falling apart at the same timeline as my own, and that previous our previous HP laptops also broke with the left hinge, makes me think this may be a hardware issue on the fault of the company. Now, we have been reaching out to HP since October/November 2019, and have constantly been given unsatisfactory solutions. First, we were told to call HP, which costs a decent amount of money that did not seem plausible for a hardware issue. 6 months later, we reached out again, to which the person we spoke with was a different individual who keep ignoring my questions, and at most offered us a 35% discount without even asking for pictures. 

This was highly disappointing as my laptop was repaired for free, AFTER the executive had seen the pictures. Secondly, it was to no fault of our own that the laptops began to fall apart, as mentioned before my sister does not even move her laptop from her desk to her bed, so how did her screen start breaking apart? Thirdly, I would be willing to pay a bit to get it fixed, but it is highly disappointing as we paid over $1000 for the laptop, and within the span of a month gave this company $2500 of our business, and much more over the last 12 years. As well as, my sister is in high school and I am a university student, we cannot afford to pay +$300 for repairs when we spent $1200 on the laptop itself, individually. As for ignoring the question, the individual wouldn't answer why mine was repaired for free, why I couldn't speak to the executive as before, and why he wasn't even asking to see the condition of the laptop. He had also mentioned that my sister's laptop was out of warranty and thus cannot be repaired for free. But when we first reached out it had only been out of warranty for 3 months, and mine was also out of warranty, yet it was still repaired free of charge. Now it's obviously been much longer, but only because we haven't been able to come to an agreeable solution.

I am upset and disappointed with HP for the lack of clear communication and understanding, I am open to any suggestions on how to repair this laptop with low cost, or any other ways I can reach out to HP and speak with as escalation executive as I hope they will be more understanding. Any suggestions are appreciated and welcome. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nkhan7 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.