cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
10 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP EliteDesk G1 USDT: Problems installing a Radeon HD 7650a

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay, so I am trying to install a Radeon HD 7650A (671864-002) into my HP EliteDesk 800 G1. I have a 230w (609946-001) power supply and installing the card wasn't a problem. The system boots happily, I didn't get any beeps or anything during POST and I can see the card listed under device manager.

However this is where it gets interesting. Running benchmarks (uniengine) and gaming tests immediately tells me that the system is still using the integrated Intel HD 4600 gpu. Okay, that's odd I think. A bit more reading and it turns out I can force this card to be the primary VGA device in the BIOS settings, great.

Or at least it would be but I cannot get POST messages to display with the card installed regardless of which DisplayPort I use, this despite the service manual clearly stating:

"If an MXM graphics card is installed, all of the video connectors may be used at the same time. However, for such a
configuration, only the display connected to the upper DisplayPort will display POST messages."

I am using the latest BIOS btw, rev.2.77

So other than trying to navigate to this option in the dark, does anyone have any better suggestions? lol.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation