Eddie_L
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Elitedesk 800G2 SFF - M2 SSD & USB type C upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I’ve just bought a “HP Elitedesk 800G2 SFF” desktop computer. According to the menu, it can be upgraded to SSD and there is a USB type C extension on the motherboard, I would like to know:

(1) M2. SSD

• Since there is no M2 slot on the motherboard but the menu states that M2 SSD is supported. Can I use a PCIe adapter to install M2 SSD?
  • Which type of PCIe adapter should I buy, which speed, PCIe x4? Any recommendations?
  • Since only 512GB M2 SSD is mentioned in the menu, may I know can I install a 1TB M2 SSD? What is the max GB of M2. SSD that I can install?

(2) Update BIOS

• Do I need to update BIOS to the latest version in order to boot windows? 
  • How to update it?

(3) USB type C

• Since I found that there is a USB type C extension on the motherboard, can I use a PCIe adapter to add USB type C?
  • Which type of PCIe adapter should I buy, which speed, PCIe x4? Any recommendations?

(4) Can I install three Sata SSD?

• My  “HP Elitedesk 800G2 SFF” doesn’t have a CD-rom, the menu states that the CD-rom slot can install a HDD, can I install a Sata SSD there?
  • And install two SSD in the original SSD slot?
  • What is the Max GB supported for SSD and HDD for that desktop?

Thanks a lot!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation