Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I ended up using both the Rasberry PI and Arduino board togther.   More info is here:  https://marcusstouffer.com/2016/11/25/raspberry-pi-and-arduino-uno-r3-to-manually-flash-hp-envy-bios...  --  including the link to Amazon for the kit I ordered.

The Arduino board never had enough juice for me eihter.  IF you are going to still try with the Arduino, you may want to try doing "sudo" before every command just to make sure it has the full system permissions for the command.

HP Recommended

Thank you to you all, especially UpNorth2, Oxide, and Windjammer. I was able to mush all of your guides and advice together to finally get my Envy D131 back up and running. Flashing the bios worked like a charm for me.

There were a couple points that I got stuck and had to google tons of stuff to figure out how to bypass my little roadblocks, but I made it. For the record, i used a Raspberry Pi 3, and followed Windjammer's steps all the way up to the reading/flashing process, at which time I used the commands from UpNorth2's guide on page 2 (post #19). BTW, copying and pasting the sudo commands from said post kept throwing me errors. Typing them in manually did the trick though. 

I also kept getting errors when trying to read the old bios, specifically "linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 folder not found". I had to enable SPI on my Raspberry Pi by following the steps here:

http://raspi.tv/how-to-enable-spi-on-the-raspberry-pi

This was a huge roadblock that seemingly only I ran into, but hopefully it will help someone else

Thanks again everyone!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.