Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 34-A150 Bricked by firmware update

HP Envy 34-A150
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I had a fully functional computer until I updated to the A0.14 Rev.A firmware that was issued in Dec of 2018.. The firmware update completed without issue and the computer restarted on its own as it said it would. Now my all in one is stuck on the HP boot screen logo and the computer is completely non responsive via keyboard. The only thing that works is the power button. Is there a way to roll back? Is there any hope for this 40 lb brick? Or is my only solution is to find a compatible replacement motherboard and swap the guts out? Im trying to avoid dumping more money into this already expensive desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,803 4,732 449 990
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC is circa 2016. It may have a BIOS recovery option.

See this (Link) for BIOS Recovery details.

You may have to contact HP Support (Link) if a BIOS Recovery fails.

BTW, was this BIOS update pushed to your PC by HP Support Assistant (HPSA)? Don't do HPSA BIOS updates in the future.

Regards

0 Kudos
545 544 32 69
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation