Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 700-027C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Envy 700 has two USB 3.0 I/O ports on top. Those ports worked fine until I had to restore my C: drive. The other USB ports are 2.0 and work fine.  I ran a hardware test by pressing F2 at startup and the 3.0 ports failed.  Error code:

0GDX24-0008L3-WPTWXF-802P03   Product ID:  H5P80AA#ABA

Thanks for your assistance.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi SRailey

Did you have Windows 10 USB 3.0 support before doing the restore?

This PC shipped with Windows 8. So you upgraded to Windows 10.

Windows 10 has not installed the correct USB 3.0 drivers after doing a restore, or a reset.

HP is not providing Windows 10 drivers for your PC.

Check Windows 10 Update in Settings for USB 3.0 drivers. Microsoft should provide the correct drivers.

You could also try installing the Intel, chipset and MEI drivers from HP for Windows 8.1 at this site. Expand the Driver-Chipset option for appropriate drivers.

Grzy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi SRailey

Did you have Windows 10 USB 3.0 support before doing the restore?

This PC shipped with Windows 8. So you upgraded to Windows 10.

Windows 10 has not installed the correct USB 3.0 drivers after doing a restore, or a reset.

HP is not providing Windows 10 drivers for your PC.

Check Windows 10 Update in Settings for USB 3.0 drivers. Microsoft should provide the correct drivers.

You could also try installing the Intel, chipset and MEI drivers from HP for Windows 8.1 at this site. Expand the Driver-Chipset option for appropriate drivers.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  Both USB 3.0 ports are now working fine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.