Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-027C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: HP Envy 700-027C 

Operating System: Windows 10 - 64bit

Looked at the documentation for this system/motherboard (mobo model: Joshua-H61-uATX (Joshua)) at this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03789882 and the Intel i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5GHz with 8MB Cache LGA 1155 (model BX8063717370K) is within the list of supported cpu upgrades. 

I installed the Intel i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5GHz processor but the system displays the error:

Processor Type: Intel(R) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz

Processor Speed: 3500MHz

L1/L2/L3 Cache Size: 64KBx4 / 256KBx4 / 8192KB

Memory Size: 16384 MB DDR3 / 1600 MHz / Dual Channel

Channel A: XMM1 8192MB

Channel B: XMM2 8192 MB

BIOS Revision/Date: v8.11 10/24/2012

Error: Unsupported CPU Installed.

PC will automatically power down in a few seconds.

Press the esc key for startup Menu

When I press the esc key to attempt to go into BIOS the system just powers off. 

I put the old cpu back in and it boots up just fine so the motherboard is healthy and the boot disk and RAM are healthy. 

Which of the i7-3xxx cpu's are compatible with this system? 

The system is not on Windows 8/8.1 any longer - it has been upgraded to windows 10 - 64bit. 

The BIOS update documents say "You must be running windows 8/8.1 to update the bios" 

Is there anything I can do to upgrade the cpu on this system? Would be a shame to let this great piece of hardware miss out on an i7-3770K cpu upgrade. 

Thanks. 

Mike Smith

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Urnamear wrote:

... Intel i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5GHz with 8MB Cache LGA 1155 (model BX8063717370K) is within the list of supported cpu upgrades. ..

I can't see K on the list, where is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

There is an entry in the "Processor Upgrade Information" list showing "Intel Core i7-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core" 

Does this mean the unlocked Intel Core i7-3770K is not supported? 

If that is true it might be nice if that was detailed in the list. 😃

Thank you for responding. 

Regards, 

Mike S

HP Recommended

hi

Intel Core i7-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core
up to 77 W

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/fr/fr/ark/products/65523/intel-core-i7-3770k-processor-8m-cache-up...

PDT 77 W

seems correct but is not mentioned in the list
For example :

Intel Core i5-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) Quad Core
up to 95 W
Intel Core i5-2xxxP (Sandy Bridge) Quad Core
up to 95 W

they make the difference of model, not the case for the k version of the i7

I doubt that a bios update will solve this problem if there is

nb: this type of motherboard is not overclocked

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.