Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Recline all in one 23 inch (23-k121)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,  i have two Mini PCIe expansion slot, one is already holding Wifi/Bt Card, and another one is free.

The second one is suitable for mSATA SSD ??hpenvy.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kbechiri Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know m-SATA SSD connector is available or not on this laptop.

Unfortunately, there is no m-SATA SSD connector for this laptop. You can see the following motherboard specification  

There is only One PCI Express half-size mini card socket. That is already connected with the Wifi card.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your post Praveen196 and thank you for your help.

but sorry, i dont accept as solution. yes i already know that in the official documentation  as mentioned  "there is  only One PCI Express half-size mini card socket. That is already connected with the Wifi card."

but realy there is two port not one, look closely the picture. the upper port is occupied by the wifi card, but the bottom one is free!!!!, i can add also another information the dimention of the first one half size, but the second is full size 30 x 50,95 mm, (PCI Express mini card).   mPCIe/mSATA share the same physical dimention. 

you can see there some MPCIe card...

https://www.electronicdesign.com/memory/what-s-difference-between-mpcie-and-msata

Anyone who has logical explanation related to this topic is welcome..  but please dont talk me again about HP Basic documentation !!!  

HP Recommended

@kbechiri

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.