Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 34 a090 - CNV645B1XD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Attempted to upgrade SSD & Ram but no joy, SSD was cloned & Ram was correct for machine but on restart could not even get to set up, only showing processor model and newly installed & existing RAM ? nothing else was accessible ? is this something to do with the TPM or secure boot option ??

Any assistance appreciated !!!

Alan.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can you put the old SSD inside the machine and to the same SATA or M.2 Connector that it used to be and check if everything still works?

Is it a horrible idea to install windows again on the new SSD? If not, I would suggest doing that.

Did your cloning software make a perfect copy of your old SSD or did you just clone the main partition?

If you didn't clone the whole drive then the issue is most likely that you didn't clone/copy the boot and support partitions to the new drive.

HP Recommended

Hi Typpi,

Have re-installed the original 128gb M2 drive and the 1Tb old style sata drive and also removed the additional 8gb of Ram that I added and all works perfectly again ?

I cloned the M2 drive completely to a new Samsung M2 drive and installed a Crucial 750gb standard solid state drive to replace the 1 Tb drive !! If its necessary I can wipe the new M2 drive and install a new copy of Windows ! seems strange as I have never come across this before on other machines ?? Very pleased with the PC but not the easiest machine to work on as screen has to be removed to access components etc.

Thanks for your interest !!

Alan.

HP Recommended

I would recommend wiping the new M.2 drive and freshly installing windows to it. At least that way you would get new fresh boot and support partitions for the drive.

Just remember during windows install to delete every partition from that M.2 drive first, then create primary partition for whatever size you want and the installer will automatically create the boot and support partitions.

HP Recommended

Hi Typpi,

Apologies for the long delay in replying !!

Have attempted a clean install with wiped/formatted M2 Samsung Evo drive and crucial SSD drive as data storage ! Both secure boot and TPM are disabled but I get the same result, I only get the processor speed and ram details and cannot get past this, no access to BIOS or anything. As soon as I install the original M2 drive and the old sata data storage drive everything works as before with no problems ??

If I install the original M2 drive and leave the new crucial SSD in nothing works ! seems it will only run with the original drives installed, obviously I am missing something but no idea what ??

Thanks for you help !!

Regards, Alan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.