Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP G2 400 MIN
Linux

Hi recently i got hp g2 400 mini. I have bought M.2 (sata sdd not sure if thath is it) it wasn't even detecting it.... read some forums and realised i needed M.2 Nvme ssd... so i bougt Samsung Nvme M.2 Ssd (256gb) the drive is new. when i turn pc on with nvme in it it detects "smart hard disk problem" when booted in to ubuntu 16.04 server it works as normal drive but there is no network conection.... when nvme is removed network works just fine... have tested the same nvme in my main computer works just fine no prbolems write and read speeds are normal samusng magician finds no problems with it.... I am lost idk what to do. bios is on latest update as far as i know. this pc is used for virtualization witch are almost all the time in use and can't afford much downtime.

PS. for boot drive i use sata ssd and have no problems with it

sorry for potato english xD

I should also mention that i have upgraded ram to 24 gb and cpu to i5 6600k

and THANKS THANKS A LOT IF SOMEONE SOLVES MY PROBLEM

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

in whcih M.2 socket did you install the NVME SSD ? in the 2280 (80 mm long) or 2242 (42 mm long) ?

2280 is for SSD , 2242 is for Wifi Only.

as explaind in thios manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04830607.pdf  at chapter "Replacing an M.2 PCIe solid state drive (SSD) ".

Then verify if Ubuntu 16.04 support NVME SSD.

bye

HP Recommended

yeah i have installed it in the long (80) mm slot... and ubuntu should support nvme i haven't checked i will try tlater with windows just to check if the ubuntu is problem

tnx for reply 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.