Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elikedesk G4 800 Workstation Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Elikedesk G4 800 Workstation Tower with a L22109-001-3 motherboard . It has two X1 PCie slots. I bought an ASUS PCE-AX3000 WIFI 6 card that connects to a PCI-Express x1 standard slot.

I tried to connect the card to either one of the X1 slots on the motherboard but the system doesn't detect it, neither in the OS nor in the BIOS (X1 are enabled in the BIOS). To ensure the brand new card works, I tried on a different Dell workstation machine. It works and it's able to detect it fine. Both have the exact same OS. I updated to the latest HP BIOS and still doesn't work. I also tried removing the Video card and simply use the integrated video card and still doesn't work.

According to an HP representative, it's possible that they are not compatible with the HP system (not in the recommended list of hardware). I thought if the slot and the card are the same at least it would detect it, is that correct? Could the motherboard be broken? Thanks for any feedback

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't say why the card isn't working in the PCIe x1 slots.

I have several HP business desktops with PCIe x1 wifi adapters installed and they all work fine.

See if this works...if your PC's white PCIe x 4 slot is free, see if the card works in that one.

That is the slot that looks just like the black PCIe x16 slot.

If the card doesn't work in that slot either, return it and buy the Intel desktop AX 200 wifi kit instead.

Amazon.com: Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit, AX200, 2230, 2x2 AX+BT, vPro: Computers & Accessories

Chapter 2, page 12 of the Hardware Reference Guide indicates your PC has a M.2 slot for a wifi card.

Hardware Reference Guide (hp.com)

The only thing you may have to come up with if it is not included in the kit, would be the M.2 wifi card hold down screw, which is probably a PM2 x 3mm screw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.