Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-180nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. For few days I am trying to find out what happened to my desktop HP Omen 880.
It was working fine on Windows 10, till I decided to upgrade my OS Windows 11. From that time I had randomly get BSOD referring to

- ntfs.sys file

- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 

- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Few more have been given but now I can't remember what exactly was it.

I thought that the W11 have some drivers conflicts, because it's quite new released OS. So I decided to do a clean install of Windwos 10. No changes has come so I upgraded my desktop BIOS to the newest version (from F.53 Rev.A to F.55 Rev. A). Upgrade done succesfully with no problems.

After upgrading a BIOS I am not able to do anything with my desktop except enter BIOS settings and do the Hardware tests. When I'm booting Windows I am always getting a BSOD with above codes given me randomly.

I can't run installation USB, installation DVD, tried even with Safe Mode - BSOD comes everytime when computer is trying to get access to any drive which has NTFS file system.

I replaced RAM's, GPU's, HDD's, SSD's, M.2's, I've tried to disconnect all devives, USB ports, front panels, Even LED backlight and temperature sensors has been out.

F.55 Rev. A BIOS have no function to upgrade/downgrade so I stuck on that.

I've  been reading that in 2020 were the same problem as now. Earlier this year I had the same issue and have been bricked exactly the same way. I solved this problem by swaping an i7-8700 processor to i5-8500. After swap I could access Windows and upgrade BIOS. Then it reswaped i5 to i7 and all have beed working till this time.

Now I can run the Windows on i5-8500, but i7-8700 not working at all. 

My desktop Specs :

HP OMEN 880-180nw

MSI MS-7a61 v 1.3 (BIOS F.55 Rev. A - 5th May 2022)

i7-8700

2x 8GB DDR4 HyperX 

GeForce 1060 (can't remember what brand)

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your desktop !

You will find this information on the back or side of your desktop printed in small alphanumeric letters.

( Please note: It's not allowed to post serial numbers (s/n) in public ! )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

@Ub6424

Ok, P/N is 4NH55EA#AKD

HP Recommended

@dotbros wrote:

My desktop Specs :

HP OMEN 880-180nw

MSI MS-7a61 v 1.3 (BIOS F.55 Rev. A - 5th May 2022)

i7-8700

2x 8GB DDR4 HyperX 

GeForce 1060 (can't remember what brand)

HP 880-180nw.gif

if you are told the computer  model @ub6424 , you should not need to ask for the product number again...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

I will check ... Have patience 😊

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

These are your options:

ub6424_0-1656520557840.png

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I wrote earlier what processor is installed. I have those problems with  Intel Core i7-8700. It should be fully compatibile with this motherboard

HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

is this your motherboard ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/document/c0617728...

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

(1) I need the following digital proof

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

Please open powershell console and send me output of the following command:

( please select/copy and paste (right click) the command into the powershell console )

Get-WmiObject win32_computersystem | Select-Object SystemSKUNumber

(2) Send me full speccy information (screenshots) from your motherboard

https://www.ccleaner.com/de-de/speccy

Attention: If there are any serial numbers (s/n) => please blur !

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Dear @Ub6424,

My model is exactly that one :
https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/25101429/pr...

I am not able to run Windows because coputer gets BSOD when booting up OS. I cannot run powershell because MY DESKTOP IS NOT WORKING. I can do a screenshot of BIOS information if you want

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.