Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

@dotbros wrote:

I am not able to run Windows because coputer gets BSOD when booting up OS. I cannot run powershell because MY DESKTOP IS NOT WORKING. I can do a screenshot of BIOS information if you want

@dotbros wrote:

Now I can run the Windows on i5-8500

Yes sure I know your system is not working, plugin the i5-8500 ! So it's working again ... 

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

hi

"

I solved this problem by swaping an i7-8700 processor to i5-8500. After swap I could access Windows and upgrade BIOS. Then it reswaped i5 to i7 and all have beed working till this time.

Now I can run the Windows on i5-8500, but i7-8700 not working at all."

is it a processor that you bought, and therefore, which has never been used, on the computer before?
Simple question, because I have the same motherboard, with this processor
Intel Core i7-8700
CPU speed: 3.2 GHz (max speed with Turbo Boost: 4.6 GHz)
Number of CPU cores: 6
CPU cache memory: 12 MB
TDP: 65W
Connector: LGA 1151
Original, and no problem with windows 10, and upgrade to windows 11 break no problem also, everything works since
What is curious is the ntfs.sys file problem, usually it's corrupted windows files / system disk problem, rarely CPU related

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I bought this computer with i7-8700. Looking for solution few months ago I bought i5-8500 for tests

HP Recommended

Hi. I'm back with computer details. 1656752518815.jpg1656752518786.jpg

Here is also BIOS version

1656753016799.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

(1) Update

HP Consumer Desktop / Notebook PC ME Firmware Update

2020.2.1220 Rev.A33.6 MBJan 6, 2021Download

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

2040.100.0.1029 Rev.A170.2 MBDec 15, 2020Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Send pictures of your i7 processor so I can see what's printed on top

(3) Install i7 processor and test again ...

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

@dotbros wrote:

I thought that the W11 have some drivers conflicts, because it's quite new released OS. So I decided to do a clean install of Windwos 10. No changes has come so I upgraded my desktop BIOS to the newest version (from F.53 Rev.A to F.55 Rev. A). Upgrade done succesfully with no problems.

Hi. I'm back with computer details. 

Here is also BIOS version

1656753016799.jpg

Attention, it is already this version, useless to insist with the bios!!

f.55 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello @Prométhée 

@Prométhée wrote:

Attention, it is already this version, useless to insist with the bios!!

f.55 

Thanks for pointing that out, I had overlooked it.

best regards

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it does not help.

As you suggest I've install those two drivers

(1) Update

HP Consumer Desktop / Notebook PC ME Firmware Update

2020.2.1220 Rev.A33.6 MBJan 6, 2021Download

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

2040.100.0.1029 Rev.A170.2 MBDec 15, 2020Download

When swaped the i5 to i7 i got the BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1656923926573.jpg

(2) Send pictures of your i7 processor so I can see what's printed on top

1656923926585.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @dotbros 

HP Partsurfer:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=4NH55EA

HP spare part numberPart Description
L04996-001
Processor - IC,uP,CFL,i7-8700,3.2GHz,65W,12MB

Question

Very simple test, use a bootable USB flash drive with Ubuntu and boot the computer. Does it work with i7 cpu ?

Please report your results

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Question

Very simple test, use a bootable USB flash drive with Ubuntu and boot the computer. Does it work with i7 cpu ?

No, it doesn't.

Got the error code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I described that in my first post :

"I can't run installation USB, installation DVD, tried even with Safe Mode - BSOD comes everytime when computer is trying to get access to any drive which has NTFS file system."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.