Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L Intel i9/RTX 2080 Super
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need advice on dealing with HP. Received my pc last Wednesday. It went dark with minutes during setup. Did a chat session with a support tech - tried a bunch of different resets. He couldn't fix it and referred me to the sales group to initiate an exchange. Talked with 4 different reps, the last being a "supervisor" who said the necessary forms had been submitted and to expect an email in 48 hrs detailing how to return the pc. Since then nothing. Tried calling/emailing again today. No response. I bought an HP to avoid this type of situation. Does anyone have a contact I can use ?  I paid $3k plus and bought the extended warranty so I should at least get some cooperation. Thx in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@OmenGMR, I am glad that you finally received your return label instructions.  I know you will enjoy your new computer.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@OmenGMR , welcome to the forum.

I don't know how comfortable you are with working on computers, but I suggest that you open the case and carefully make certain that all of the components are fully seated.  This may solve your problem.  Components can become loose when being shipped.

I have asked the appropriate people within HP to assist you if necessary.

HP Recommended

I  don’t know much about the components other than what they are supposed to do. Let me ask a few questions. I assume if the power cord is not connected then it’s safe for me to touch the components ?  Can I assume I’m not affecting the warranty ? 
With regard to the connections, if the lights inside the case were on and fans running can I assume it’s not the power supply ? When I turned the monitor off and on, it displayed the Omen graphic so can I assume the monitor itself is good ? If so then it would It prob be either the graphics card or display port on the motherboard ? 

thx for the help.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @OmenGMR!

Just sit back and relax.  Someone from HP should be contacting you soon.  I don't want you to do anything that makes you uncomfortable.  Good luck!

HP Recommended

@OmenGMR

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It’s been a week today since I notified HP that the computer didn’t work. My grandson starts virtual learning next week with a computer that doesn’t work. You say your “teams” need extra time to decide what I should do with a computer that doesn’t work. 

Does that sound fair to you ? Does that sound like good customer service to you ? 

HP Recommended

@OmenGMR, I am glad that you finally received your return label instructions.  I know you will enjoy your new computer.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help Old_geekster

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.