Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bios is F.03 and Through PC support F.10 have been released. But I download. run installer and then it asks to reboot. But the pc just shuts down, starts after 3 seconds and then boots normal. Bios have not been updated.

I try to place the bios files (.bin and .sig) on a FAT formatted USB drive and choose it from diagnostics menu in boot menu. But it has same behaviour. So no error.. 

Any fix ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So for any one else having this problem.

The fix is : 

With computer turned off

Windows-B and hold them. Press the power

Keep them pressed until you hear biips. (takes quite a while!)

BIOS recovery is taken place let it finish and the computer will restart

THEN you can run the new F.10 Bios Update util and it will run!

It seems like something is wrong with the OE Bios and it is fixed during a recovery. 

Now you can control the Lighting of the Memory modules in OMEN command center. AND - You have the option to modify the memory overclock manually in the bios!  And the TPM chip is ready for Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JesperB -- do you have a good reason to update the BIOS?  If your computer is working fine, I would NOT try to update the BIOS.  There have been too many posts on this forum where a failed BIOS Update has turned the motherboard into a "brick".

HP Recommended

Thank you for you answer. But it really does not answer my question.

There are fixes in there for both CPU, TSM and Ligthing control that I need. And it really should be possible to update the bios. I have never had an issue in the +30 years of using computers 😉 If you do it per instructions.. 

It fails and should not. That is the issue I would like to get help on.

HP Recommended

@JesperB  -- There are fixes in there for both CPU, TSM  [TPM?] and Lighting control that I need.

Yes, that is a good reason to apply the BIOS update.

> It really should be possible to update the bios.

I agree.

I have never had an issue in the +30 years of using computers -- If you do it per instructions..

Unfortunately, there are many posts on this forum by contributors who claim to have followed the instructions, but who turned their motherboard into a "brick".

It fails and should not.

I agree.

That is the issue I would like to get help on.

Sorry, but I do not have any more useful advice, other than for you to directly contact HP Support, and get assistance from them.

HP Recommended

So for any one else having this problem.

The fix is : 

With computer turned off

Windows-B and hold them. Press the power

Keep them pressed until you hear biips. (takes quite a while!)

BIOS recovery is taken place let it finish and the computer will restart

THEN you can run the new F.10 Bios Update util and it will run!

It seems like something is wrong with the OE Bios and it is fixed during a recovery. 

Now you can control the Lighting of the Memory modules in OMEN command center. AND - You have the option to modify the memory overclock manually in the bios!  And the TPM chip is ready for Windows 11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.