Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone

When turning on the OMEN PC the cooling fans start, lights on graphic card go on, HD spins up and after a few seconds the PC turns off. There is no output on the screen or beep at all. After a few seconds the PC turns on again and turns off again. This will continue as long as I'm not cutting the power.

It is a new Omen PC bought in March 2021 and this issue suddenly appeared today. No issues whatsoever with that PC before. It worked perfectly. No change to the Hardware, BIOS settings and no special installs on the OS/drivers.

I disconnected all external cables. Started only with power connected, still the same behavior. Checked cabling, checked RAMs, etc. 

I suspect that it is the PSU, however, it the fan in the PSU works when powered  - at least for the few seconds the PC works. 

Any idea or help is very welcome. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your system should have 750 watt unit which is more than adequate for Ryzen and 3000 series NVidia card. 

Make sure the NVidia is seated properly (no gold plating showing) and the pair of power cables are snug.

Take it back while still in warrantee.  

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.