Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to know the dimension of the LGA 1151 socket for the cpu cooler on the Tampa2 motherboard (which is in the Omen 880-130) in order to upgrade it. My CPU overheats quickly and it's becoming problematic when trying to OC. Is there a spec sheet for such dimensions ? I haven't found it through the Tampa2 Mobo spec sheet on HP's website.

I know OEM parts often don't follow standards because... why use an existing standard, am I right ?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not asking about the LGA 1151 socket dimension itself. I'm asking the dimension for the cpu cooler mount points over the LGA 1151 socket.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, i may not have understood your question ..
But normally the socket is standard, you need a compatible model for the processor in place.
I don't think there is a specific Hp size here

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I'm not asking about the LGA 1151 socket dimension itself. I'm asking the dimension for the cpu cooler mount points over the LGA 1151 socket. I'll edit my post to reflect that.

HP Recommended

You have doubts, on the possibility of fixing a ventilation system other than hp !, ? this is that ? ..

I will try to find out if someone has not made the change.

[edit]

check this :

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-OMEN-880-011-CPU-cooling-upgrade/td-p/6862137

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

You do grasp my question. The thread you're referring to does give me useful information, though I have read it beforehand (my bad for not pointing that out). The problem with the solution provided in the post is that the proposed cooler is only sold in Europe. I'm in North America.

This isn't on you, however. I just wish HP would be clearer on their specs instead of using black box principles.

Thanks for your time. I guess I'll try to get in touch with some kind of representative to figure out what does and doesn't work if the only recourse we have as helpers and "helpees" are the past posts of the forum.

HP Recommended

Ok, so sorry, in that case, I wish I could have done better
but during my research, I did not find anything better
Keep me posted on your progress, if you find anything it might help other people.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.