Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My desktop HP Omen 870-244 will not start up. When booting up, all fans start, and I hear the 3 long beep, 2 short beep code. The screen stays pitch black, no HP symbol or anything.

You get a LONG (MAJOR) signal category, RED LED & then a SHORT (MINOR) signal category, WHITE LED.

Major – the category of the error; Minor – specific error in that category

The AUDIBLE repeats 5 times, and the VISUAL until power is removed.

Hardware

The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization.

Indicates potential memory failure.

1 Reseat memory.

2 Correct memory configuration.

3 Test with known good memory.

4 Replace affected component.

Issues started when I had the brilliant idea of trying to add extra RAM I found in one of my old PCs. It was obviously not compatible after I did some research. 

I have taken the following steps to fix the PC:

- Reseated memory

- Reseated video card

- Took CMOS out, waited for 30+ minutes

- Purchased and seated NEW compatible memory to see if I messed up the existing memory

- Did a hard reset (held power button 20+ second when AC adapter was unplugged)

Help! Did I mess up the motherboard? My warranty is expired. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Rob

Pictures below.

10.jpg

7.jpg5.jpg1.jpg2.jpg6.jpg3.jpg8.jpg4.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ThaPorterIII

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.