Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
875-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

Been playing Cyberpunk which is very GPU heavy. Randomly my GPU fan will kick in VERY loud for around 5 seconds - this happens every half hour. I overclocked the PC last night (i7-9700k) using the Omen Command Centre's intelligent overclock. WOW what a difference - no loud fan noises anymore (a nice stable hum instead). Graphics improved, frames better etc. All good!

The game then randomly crashed - something it hadn't done before (but i know it is buggy game so put it down to that). Played again, around half hour later, PC switched right off. Doing some digging I think the Omen intelligent overclock is causing PSU issues and the PC kept switching off randomly - not very good when the manufacturer can't even get it right. Underclocked back to default - again fan noises very loud, noticeable drop in frames etc. but PC not shutting down now.

Then tried overclocking my GPU (Nvidia RTX 2080 Super) using MSI Afterburner. Tried booting up Cyberpunk, booted up fine but when loading a saved game I just get a black screen. People have suggested driver updates but why would the black screen only be when trying to load a saved game?

So basically here I am - have a £2k PC that I know I can get a lot more out of, but seem to be heavily restricted with the problems I am having. Questions as follows:

1) Omen Intelligent Overclock - how do I stop the PC shutting down randomly? The overclock is calculated automatically I've had no input to it. There are 3 options to adjust a custom one, with one being a Core Voltage Offset - can I use this to adjust somehow and prevent the PC shutting down?

2) Failing the above - can I buy a new beefier PSU to avoid the PC Shutting Down? If so what do I need to look out for and what W?

3) Why after overclocking GPU using MSI Afterburner do I have a black screen only when trying to load a saved game and not all the time? 

4) I did buy larger (and faster) ram a while back but quickly realised  HP stop you adjusting the ram speed. Say, hyperthetically I wanted to completely remove HP from my PC (as I have good components - just heavily restricted by HP), what would I need in order to do so? Would it just be a new motherboard? Would I need a new CPU also? Sorry I'm a noob!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Ellis

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@E111S

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.