Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-597
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all. I am the owner of a HP omen 880-597 ( I7 9700k + rtx 2080ti ) and i have the issue that my ram speed is blocked at 2133mhz. It seems crazy that HP is selling this with 2400mhz ram but no options to use it. Is there some option that i can use to bring my ram to speed? Anyone faced this before and found some solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After checks, I had not mentioned it, the memory is well recognized from the outset for a frequency of 2666
I made the point, because for some models HP installs higher frequencies, but limited by the motherboard below!
So it seems illogical to me that you don't stay in 2666 ..
But as you have noticed, not possible to change this in the bios!
In addition, the models used are not compatible
You still need to test the new modules on your own as I mentioned.
If the frequency is not correct, change the modules!
If they are recognized for 2666 or more (which would surprise me) buying the same would certainly be the only solution!
It may be possible to use external "tools", but zero risk does not exist, I do not recommend it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

what told you is was blocked,(be clear exactly what told you this word) or showed you what you do not like....

I can not guess what or where you looked to see that, and matters.  are you taking TASK MANAGER? w10?

INTEL:

speedstep  runs this domain,  any you can control it. for sure,  run in performance mode?

is the DDR all matches same SKU, ?

no DDR told,  maker and P/n + SKU.

I do not work for HP can not know what they put any ANY PC on earth.

also of CPU gets too hot say 80C degrees, the CPU all by itself throttle s clocks to lower heat,  just like my chevy truck does drops cylinders off line,,    to lower heat production, same thing same reasons, self preservation.

the PC by default (and laws) all come new in a box to make less heat, and less power waste, this can be turned off in seconds work, ask. a.k.a EnergyStar, and goes all the way deep even in to CPU silicon you can not change (too hot)

do not confuse CPU speed from RAM.  ?

no ram P/N told  but I7-9700k is. Intel rules not HP, ok, nor BIOS limits by HP>

9700 turbo mode is 4.90 GHz

DDR4-2666 is limited to,, 41.6 GB/s ( this is your limit here) CPU defined.

the next limit is HP's,  I do not know HP rules. Is BIOS upgrade  current?

Do your DDR4 banks show up correctly in BIOS pages for SPD speeds?????? this is step 1.

a matched set of DDR work best, as always.

I say run CPU-Z free program

see CPU, speeds, see MEMORY speeds and CLICK , SPD ,  stick 1,2,3,4 see what each stick is rated and the PC will run at the slowest stick. there. (BIOS rules)

my old I5-7600 runs at 2400MHZ at ddr limit right now and in w10  performance mode.

use CPU-z

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hello Savvy2 and thank you for your answer, although it's very confusing. I've mentioned the CPU and Video card in my post to make sure that if someone checks, they check the correct desktop. The DDR4 that i use is not all from the same company. I use the one provided by HP, which is 2x16GB Kingston HP26D4U9D8ME-16X 2666Mhz and 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro which have a maximum 3200Mhz memory  frequency, both sets of memory run in dual channel. My motherboard is Hp 8437 Tampa 2 Z370 chipset so it should run at least 2400mhz speeds but for the moment all my modules are running at 2133.

The Bios for this Omen is very rudimentary and does not offer XMP profiles or at least manual changes of the memory frequency or latency. 

My question was if anyone knows if there is a way to run my memory on higher frequency or if 2133 is the maximum this pre-build can achieve, and if so why is the memory delivered by HP 2666mhz if the computer can't run it and also why can't a 2100 euro desktop have at least XMP profile support. 

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, can't search for anything problems with the site
But, you are using different modules, this is not recommended!
When we add faster modules, with slower modules, the speed aligns with the slower ones!
to see if the original frequency is already limited also ..
Have you tried the new modules alone and checked the speed?

Otherwise, unfortunately no possibility to change this

[edit] conflicting information for this motherboard!

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) and PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    Remarque :
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 64 GB (unbuffered) with four 16 GB modules and 32 GB (unbuffered) with four 8 GB modulues on 64-bit computers

• ual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    Remarque :
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    Remarque :
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

is it this one ?

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/document/c0620470...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello Promethee and thank you for your help. This is the Desktop yes, the one from your link and the Tampa 2 motherboard has to be the first one because the second supports max 32 GB of RAM and i have 48. I understand that the slower speed would be taken into account and it's ok, 2666 should be enough but 2133 is really slow and makes a big difference. 

I'm very curious to find out how a premium computer can be so limited from the Bios side and option wise. Also what i don't get is why i can't modify at least the XMP profile from the HP command center, normally i should have the CPU profile (that i already use for 4.8Ghz) and the Memory profile but the Memory profile is missing. 

There has to be an option to be able to access higher memory speeds. I can't accept that a gaming computer has the motherboard limited to 2133, it would make absolutely 0 sense. 

HP Recommended

After checks, I had not mentioned it, the memory is well recognized from the outset for a frequency of 2666
I made the point, because for some models HP installs higher frequencies, but limited by the motherboard below!
So it seems illogical to me that you don't stay in 2666 ..
But as you have noticed, not possible to change this in the bios!
In addition, the models used are not compatible
You still need to test the new modules on your own as I mentioned.
If the frequency is not correct, change the modules!
If they are recognized for 2666 or more (which would surprise me) buying the same would certainly be the only solution!
It may be possible to use external "tools", but zero risk does not exist, I do not recommend it

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Indeed removing the 2x8 GB 3200MHZ kit, fixed the issue. I will have to survive with "just" 32 GB. Thank you very much for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.