Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can one purchase or obtain the external Hot swop HDD Cady from for a HP Omen 880-P0xx Desktop PC?

HP Caddy.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was at the understanding that the "covers" themselves came with both left and right sides for the one part number.

I just asked the HP Store chat service to confirm it for clarity. They say it does.

chat for omen trays.JPG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

So if you can ID the SKU and then use partsurfer, or just post the SKU

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-040se

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-037c

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

There is nothing to identfy the SKU on any of the parts lists but someone must be able to provide the information?Parts list.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

HP Recommended

Hi from my system SKU: 1QX20EA#ABU

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The internal HDD bays the mount from the top doors should already be mounted with that case.

If you need another, its  part number 928160-001 Internal HDD Placeholder.

and 928174-001 Cover - Top, External HDD

You would also need a sata cable to connect the mother board with.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=928160-001

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=928174-001

HP Recommended

So from the picture at the start, what you are saying is the metal case is one part & the pre shaped top plastic bit with the red ribon & locking latch is the other? 

Caddy CaseCaddy Case928160-001 Internal HDD Placeholder

Caddy Top & LatchCaddy Top & Latch928174-001 Cover - Top, External HDD

Is that correct?

However there are two "Handed" slots in the top, therefore there should be two top parts listedTwin Case small.jpg

HP Recommended

I was at the understanding that the "covers" themselves came with both left and right sides for the one part number.

I just asked the HP Store chat service to confirm it for clarity. They say it does.

chat for omen trays.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.