cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Miro0102-SVK-
Level 1
15 10 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen freezes

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-109nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, a few weeks ago, I have installed second new HDD to my HP Omen desktop to upper bracket of the PC. Now, I am experiencing random freezing of PC for a few seconds, sometimes it takes longer and PC restarts itself. Is it possible, that my PC can not handle more than 1 HDD anymore (it is already 2 years old)?

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,344 18,102 2,931 9,121
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Miro0102-SVK- , welcome to the Community.

I would say that you most likely received a failed HDD.  The PSU is 500W.  So, it will have no problem with two HDD's and a M.2, SSD.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Miro0102-SVK-
Author
Level 1
15 10 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I have done some observation in Event viewer, and this Error popped out, when it happened:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Can it be a cause? Something with graphics card/drivers?

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,344 18,102 2,931 9,121
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Miro0102-SVK-!

The best way to rule out a video card problem is connect the monitor to the Integrated Video on the motherboard to see if this solves the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation