Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (170 Views)

HP Omni 100-5155 upgrade

Product Name: HP Omni 100-5155
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am not sure if I should ask here or in the laptop section since it is classified as a desktop, but the innards are more along the lines of laptop components.

I have an Omni 100-5155 and looking for any upgrade options I may have (I do realize those options are extremely limited). I've already maxed the RAM to 8Gb, but am looking for CPU, hard drive and wireless possibilities.

So my questions -

What is the max capacity hard drive the motherboard will accept? I am hoping to also replace the optical drive with a hard drive caddy. Are SSD's and/or SSD/HDD hybrids supported?

Can the PCI Express x1 802.11 b/g/n card be replaced by this? (to match my router's ability)

Intel 3160 Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card Supports 2.4 and 5.8Ghz B/G/N/AC Bands

Or would I be better off getting a wireless USB dongle (if that would even work)?

Any CPU suggestions or same form factor motherboard upgrade replacement possibility?

I know my USB 3, better graphics and Gb WLAN dreams will have to wait until I've finished saving for a moderate gaming rig build, but I thought since I'm likely to be upgrading to Win 10 soon I should try to get the most I can out of this system... which will be eventually handed down to the nephews, hopefully within the year. Smiley Happy

Any and all helpful suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

For easier reference -

Omni 100-5155 specs

Motherboard specs

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: HP Omni 100-5155 upgrade

Hi @Crimson13x,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have question about upgrades to the computer. I will be glad to help you.

For the hard drive, the computer can handle most SATA drives up to 1TB.

ref to Upgrading and Servicing Guide.

The mother board does not support PCIe 16x so network cards will not fit. But there are lots of USB network card for USB 2.0

The processor are limited for the mother board.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation