Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP P6051SC
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Have this old machine.
Graphic card is broken.
Ati radeon HD 4350

Which card should I replace it with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'd go with the Radeon HD 6450.

Remove the broken video card, and use the onboard graphics for now and uninstall the catalyst control center in the add remove programs section of the control panel.

You may have potential driver conflicts since you were not able to install the amd graphics driver before the card died on you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'd go with the Radeon HD 6450.

Remove the broken video card, and use the onboard graphics for now and uninstall the catalyst control center in the add remove programs section of the control panel.

You may have potential driver conflicts since you were not able to install the amd graphics driver before the card died on you.

HP Recommended

Hello Hhager310371,

Apparently the ony listed support card is the Radeon 4350. The biggest limitation that you are going to run into when trying to find other graphics card that will theoretically work is the power consumption. the P6051sc has a 300Watt power supply which is very limiting. Unless you are trying to upgrade the system because you need more power out of it, your best and safest bet is to try to buy another Radeon 4350. Otherwise, you need to make sure that you get a card that can run off the 300watts, and also you need to match the card to the PCIE generation on your motherboard. For instance if you have 2 PCIE slots but if they are not Generation 3 slots and you buy a PCIE Gen 3 GPU it will not work.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Phil

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.