Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H8-1070T
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I am having an issue with the PCIE External graphics card and wanted to swicth to the Onboard Graphics card

I had pruchased the Computer with an external Graphics Card and the Onboard DVI and VGA outlet are blocked 

My BIOS shows Onboard Graphics disbaled 

Is it possibel to enaable the OnBoard Grahics Card in BIOS  and use the outlets provided on the comuter 

How would i know if the MotherBoard has Onboard grahics and turning it on in BIOS should be ok 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Either of those Radeon HD 6450 cards should work.

The Nvidia GT 610 shouldn't be that expensive.  It would be around the same as the HD 6450.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-1024MB-Graphics-01G-P3-2615-KR/dp/B00847TOLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be fine.

My 8200 Elite PC had the ports blocked too.

That is probably because our PC's came with add on video cards, and HP probably didn't want hundreds of phone calls from folks saying their video doesn't work (since they hooked the monitor up to the wrong video port).

If you still have graphics, first uninstall the graphics adapter and driver in the device manager (under the display adapters device manager category), uninstall any related grahics programs in the control panel>programs menu.

Do not restart the PC as prompted.  Instead, shut it down, unplug it, remove the graphics card.

Remove the covers to the O/B graphics ports (mine were plastic).

Connect your monitor to the applicable port (DVI or VGA).

Plug in and turn on the PC and the BIOS should automatically have switched to the O/B graphics.

Then install the driver you need for the Intel graphics adapter.

HP Recommended

So i dont really need toEnable the BIOS option for OnBoard Graphics

Also I need to replace the external grahoics card do you have any recommendation for the desktop the one i used does not seem to work 

Based on some of the forums found the list of cards supported one of which was the GT 420 and ordered a GIgabyte GT 420  

HP Recommended

No, the switch should be automatic.

At least it was on mine, and it normally is on most PC's made in the last 6 years or so.

I see in the specs for your PC that the HD 6570 was an optional graphics card.

That's the one I have in my 8200 Elite, and it has worked fine for several years now.

You may want to get one of those if they are still available.

My PC has a 320W power supply.

Another card you can probably install would be the nvidia GT 630.

Because your PC does not have a UEFI BIOS, I would not go beyond the Radeon HD 6xxx series, or the Nvidia GT 6xx series cards.

HP Recommended

Thanks will try The6 series Video cards are really expensive , are you sure that the newrer GT420 will not work ?

HP Recommended

Would this work ASUS Radeon HD 6450 DirectX 11

or

MSI Radeon HD 6450

HP Recommended

Either of those Radeon HD 6450 cards should work.

The Nvidia GT 610 shouldn't be that expensive.  It would be around the same as the HD 6450.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-1024MB-Graphics-01G-P3-2615-KR/dp/B00847TOLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

HP Recommended

I just ordered the GT 610 - will send feedbacck once i have installed the card

HP Recommended

The graphocs card suggeted worked - Thanks for the help 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.