Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0033nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ask for support for an upgrade in HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0033nl. 

I bought the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB , however it requires external power that the pc power supply doesn't seem to be able to satisfy. How can I solve?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000i/19769765/model/29662329...

Power Supply Type
310 W Gold efficiency power supply

motherboard specifications, Lincs

Power Supply Cross Reference for specific models

400w pcie 6+2 L04618-800

500w pcie 6+2 L05757-800

check !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Which one do you suggest for this computer? Do you think the 400W power supply is fine too? Also, is it compatible with the motherboard or could it create conflicts?

Thank you

HP Recommended

just check the recommended power supply for your graphics card with the manufacturers..
if it's 400w still prefer the 500w

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I apologize for this other question: I am oriented to buy the 400W model, however the power supply does not have the connector that allows to connect the graphics card. Once installed in the computer, how can I power up the graphics card?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Unless I am mistaken, if the power supply is not sufficient, it will not work correctly, have you checked?
The two models indicated unless I am mistaken have a 6+2  ( 8 ) connector, what does your card need in this case?
this is only an example, I'm not telling you to choose this one, but see

https://us.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-GTX-1660-VENTUS-XS-6G/Specification

Power Connectors 8-pin x 1 

Recommended PSU (W)  450 W 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.