Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion 25bw keeps shutting off/going black!!  It was doing it randomly but now it is way more frequent.  I have to shut it off from the back of the monitor to restore. 

I have the monitor plugged into my HP labtop for work and have dual screens and the other screen works fine. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MorganSabbe,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing display issues with HP Pavilion 25bw monitor wherein the display keeps shutting off. I also see that the other monitor works fine.

This could be a hardware issue with the Monitor.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

MIne just started doing the same thing a week ago. Did you contact support? What was the prognosis? Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hi @djsun25,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issue with the HP monitor.

I suggest that you connect a different monitor and check.

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above. 

  

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with a TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure.

If it is a hardware issue then you may need to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem, and it did happen again while to send this message. have you guys figure out a solution yet? Why does your update, or any update has to interfere with computer or monitor usage? it seems to shut it off at random, without warnings. The screen just black out repeatedly, until its shut off and powered back on. Updates should have been tested out before release. Perhaps its a differebt issue. please release fix and communicate same soonest. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Just figured out a solution to this problem. Hope it works for somebody else, especially on windows 10.

Disconnect your Pavilion 25bw monitor, and connect to another monitor for check.

Where you discover your other monitor was stable with:

no black-out or screen out,

neither is the power button inactive,

then the problem is a software problem with your pavilion monitor.

Go to hp.com and click on software and drivers, under Support

Select  Driver-Display monitor. 

Select your operating windows, and download the driver

Reboot your system and check the screen blackout on the 25bw pavilion if its fixed.

Let me know if it works. Hopefully it does.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.