1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 590-p0027na questions

Pavilion 590-p0027na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm looking to pick up a half-decent budget desktop PC for an xmas present, primarily for basic home use.

I found the Pavilion 590-p0027na with Ryzen 3 and Win10, but the spec noted online is a bit limited, and I can't seem to find anyone to give me more info, so thought I'd post here.

I'd like to know:

* Is this a suitable 'Dad PC' ? It will be primarily used for MS office, accounting and internet surfing, maybe a bit of iTunes usage etc. It's highly unlikely that it would be used for any gaming or high-intensity graphics / photoshop etc.

* Is it a Micro ATX case? I've seen it described as "Tower" and "Mini PC"...

* Can I install an additional internal SATA drive? i.e. Does it have a spare drive bay, spare SATA slot on the MB, spare power cable from the PSU, and does the (180W) PSU have sufficient power?

I was thinking of dropping in the HD from the Win 7 old PC. That way, we can either chose to boot from Win7 or Win10 initially, and move all existing files over to the new drive at our leisure. We could then set the old drive as slave and exclude it from the boot sequence. We'd probably eventually format the old drive and just use as backup storage.

If this might necessitate buying a new (mciro ATX?) PSU, I might look at getting an external HD for backup instead.

Cheers,

G.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation