Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0033w
Microsoft Windows 11

Single 4GB 1Rx16 PC4 - 2666V - UCO - 11 is stock RAM. Would like to upgrade, what type of RAM do I order?  Tried two 8GB DDR4 PC4-2666-1.2V UDIMM (16GB total) and received BSOD. Restored stock RAM and BSOD went away. Ordered New RAM from Memorystock.com.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RogerGaston 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06110764

It has  (now)

• Amount: 4 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

and supports

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-21300 (DDR4 2666)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (with two 16 GB modules) and 16 GB (with two 8 GB modules) on 64-bit computers

You can upgrade to

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RogerGaston 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06110764

It has  (now)

• Amount: 4 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

and supports

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-21300 (DDR4 2666)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (with two 16 GB modules) and 16 GB (with two 8 GB modules) on 64-bit computers

You can upgrade to

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Is the 16GB RAM kit Memory Stock.com sent me different than https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4dfs824a/ct13497604? It has two 8GB DDR4 PC4-2666-1.2V UDIMM in it. And is this compatible? Mind you I went back to the 4GB RAM that was original, because of BSOD. All the tests were unable to find the cause of the repeated BSOD's. Stop code errors were numerous, all had a common possible cause of memory problem. Listing all the codes here.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NINPAGED_AREA

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 

Error in FLTMGR>SYS

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 

Error in NTFS.SYS

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

So, the bottom line question is, did I receive defective RAM or the wrong type? Obviously, it does not work.

HP Recommended

@RogerGaston wrote:

... And is this compatible? Mind you I went back to the 4GB RAM that was original, because of BSOD.

@RogerGaston 

It is compatible guaranteed from Crucial. It has different CAS, RAS .... not just  voltage and speed.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Memorystock.com sent me the wrong RAM. They sent me single rank instead of dual. Before I order from Crucible and write off the $60.85 paid for the wrong product, going to give Memorystock.com a chance to correct their error.

HP Recommended

I went to Best Buy and purchased 2 sticks of 16GB RAM. Installed it and system works. Corsair DDR4 2 x 16GB 3600MHz CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.